Here’s the data we collect from online users:
Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version. You can opt out from marketing at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
How long do we store your data?
We will archive and stop actively using any personal identifiable information about you within 3 months from the last time you used Abraham Hostels. Types of data we collect from guests who booked or attempted to book online
- Contact details
- Financial information
- Data from your contracts
- Data that identifies you
- Data on your reservation details such as rooms booked, number of people
In case of booking attempts only- we save a log of the details above for a period of 60 days so that we will be able to review the booking process in case of any system bugs.
How we use your data
- To help us improve our service
- To give personalized customer support
- To send you marketing messages (but only if you tell us to)
Third parties who process your data
The following services help us keep Abraham Hostels running by storing or processing your data on our behalf:
- Infrastructure: Silverbyte, Tours CMS, adoric.com, Optimizley
- Analytics: Hotjar, google analytics, Facebook, Google Adwords
- Payments: Pelecard (no full cc details are saved)
- We use only necessary cookies to run and improve the service
- You can turn off cookies but this will mean for example that we can’t recognize you in in-app messaging or we can’t resolve issues so efficiently
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to international locations for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links